Friday, June 13, 2008

Me, A Blogger?

"I know now, only one thing matters in these day. One thing, true love, love and love alone, true love." James Taylor, Jump Up Behind Me

June 13, 2008


Hi! I’m Amy, and last night I decided I’d really like to have a place to share my thoughts. So here they are, deep or shallow as they may be!

A little bit about myself: I’m 35, wife to Josh, and mom to Caleb and Samuel at this point. I love to sew and do crafts. I’m addicted to fabric—a condition I inherited from my mom, Bobbi. I swore I’d never have that sickness, but I found myself falling under its spell at about age 29, when my mom bought me my first sewing machine. I knew immediately how to use it after watching her sew my entire life, and the freedom it gave me to create my own ditties was incredible. Now I own my own little business, SewArtsy, and get to share my creative ditties with others. You can check out my stuff at www.sewartsy.etsy.com

I’m also deeply passionate about adoption! Josh and I have been blessed with our two little boys through adoption, and we are once again in the waiting process for another little blessing. I use my business as a way to inform others and support adoption by donating 10% of the sales from my baby items and Hair Clippy Caddies to Bethany Christian Services. Josh and I have been involved with them since 2002 when we started our first adoption process. Bethany treats birthparents with great care and dignity whether or not they decide to make an adoption plan for their child, as well as providing counsel and adoption services to those childless couples who face infertility or those families who want to add to their existing family through adoption. You can read more about their wonderful services at Bethany.org

Other things I like: the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Skyline Drive and the Shenandoahs, our doggie, Hannah, James Taylor, my ipod, browsing sites like Etsy, JCarolinecreative.com, Keepsake Quilting, and Fabric.com, sharing our adoption experience with others contemplating the decision to adopt, reading other blogs, and getting together with my girlfriends for our reading-is-optional book club!

Hope you’ll be back if you’re interested in keeping up with my musings! Blessings to you! Amy

No comments: