Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Love and Joy

Ahhhh...vacation Bible school :o)

I remember just loving VBS as a kid - the songs, the stories, the crafts - and I'm hoping my little men do as well! This year our theme is Son Harvest County Fair, growing the fruit of the Spirit. Our church is decked out in farm decor with gardens sprouting, animals grazing, and farmers tending.

I'm helping in the craft department again this year (surprise, surprise), so I get to see all of the pre-K through rising 4th graders come through. They are having such a great time! Monday and Tuesday our kids grew love and sprouted joy! I can't wait to see their sweet faces again today!

John 15:12, (Jesus said) "Love one another as I have loved you."
Psalm 126:3, "The Lord gives us joy."

So far we've made bookmarks and cards to give to others to show our love, joyful watermelon music shakers, and piggy banks to remind us to be thankful to God for all he's given us!

My little men's crafts from day 1 and 2!

No comments: