Thursday, October 9, 2008

Getting Ready

We found out earlier this week that our birthmom start having contractions over the weekend! She's at home on bed rest right now after having been sent home from the hospital Monday night. Please keep her in your prayers, if you would!

While we still might have a few weeks to wait, we busied ourselves over the last couple of days to get ready to welcome our new bundle of joy home, whenever she arrives! Since I've already made some purchases for the occasion, I thought I'd share them with you.

Having welcomed two boys into our home, this little girl is going to be quite a change for us. Instead of spending money on a new infant car seat, I decided to recover the navy blue and gold seat we already had. This set is from BellaBabyCompany.com, called Buttercup Bouquet. I don't like pink all that much, but this print mixed with yellow and green grabbed my attention - especially the incredibly soft butter yellow minky it is coordinated with. The set is $59.00 when purchased alone, and comes with the canopy and seat cover. I went ahead and purchased an extra seat cover ($32) made in the print so that I can easily change it out when I need to wash it. And a matching travel blanket ($19) for chilly trips to the bus stop! Additionally I could have also bought coordinating strap covers. Purchasing the set plus the 2 additional pieces at once saved me $11 - full set cost is $99.00.

Also waiting by the door, ready to be grabbed when necessary, is our bag-o-baby-stuff! Included here are the necessary newborn diapers (oh-so-tiny!), wipes and creams, pacifiers, onsies, and a new girly sleeper (well as girly as I've gotten so far!). I also have a new set from Susan's Treasures - a small lovey, burp cloth and bib featuring a Crayola print. I just love crayons!! A while ago I made my first Etsy trade with her for an adorable purse, and just couldn't pass up the Crayola print and red minky :o)



So for now we are in waiting mode again, yet trying not to act like we have a few more weeks, lest we get caught off guard - as babies tend to do to us!

Happy Thursday! Amy

No comments: