One of my favorite memories from childhood was making cookies at the holidays with my mom. We made several different kinds, and had wonderful spreads for the holiday dessert tables as well as cookie exchanges. Today I want to share with you my all time favorite cookie. It has a wonderful flavor. It's easy to make. They are cute, and require no baking!
I'm not sure where my mom got the original recipe - it's still just a list of ingredients on an index card. Here's how we make our Lime Balls.
1 box vanilla wafers
1 stick butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
6 oz. limeade concentrate, thawed
1 bag coconut flakes
1. In a big zip lock bag, crush the vanilla wafers into very small pieces, almost a powder
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter.
3. Beat in the powdered sugar and the limeade concentrate
4. Fold the crushed vanilla wafers into the butter mixture.
5. Using a small spoon, scoop a bit of the mixture out into your hand, and roll into a ball (the batter is very sticky! Have your container ready before starting this step!)
6. Drop the ball into the coconut flakes and roll around to cover.
7. Place finished balls into your container, and as you work through the batter, separate layers with a sheet of wax paper. Cover container and stick in the refrigerator overnight.
Happy Thanksgiving! Amy